An extensive dental care exam will be carried out by Dr. Tycast at your preliminary dental visit. At regular check-up exams, Dr. Tycast and the hygienist will conduct the following:
• Assessment of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): important for recognition of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone tissue loss. X-rays additionally assist determining tooth and root positions.
• Oral cancer testing: We will check the face, throat, mouth, tongue, neck, tissues, and gum tissue for almost any indications of oral cancer.
• Gum illness assessment: We will check out the gum tissue and bone tissue around the teeth for almost any indications of periodontal disease.
• Assessment of tooth decay: All tooth areas would be examined for decay with special dental care tools.
• Examination of present restorations: inspect present fillings, crowns, etc.
Professional Dental Cleaning
Expert dental cleanings (dental prophylaxis) are generally carried out by Registered Dental Hygienists. Your cleaning appointment will consist of a dental care exam plus the following:
• Elimination of calculus (tartar): Calculus is hardened plaque which has been left in the tooth for a while and it is now securely connected to the tooth surface. Calculus forms above and underneath the gum line and can only be eliminated with special dental care tools.
• Elimination of plaque: Plaque is a sticky, nearly invisible film that forms in the teeth. It’s a developing colony of living bacteria, metal debris, and saliva. The germs create toxins (poisons) that inflame the gum tissue. This irritation is the beginning of periodontal disease!
• Teeth polishing: eliminate stain and plaque which is not usually eliminated during enamel cleaning and scaling.