The loss of a tooth can disturb your quality of life and make everyday activities (eating and drinking) difficult. Recently there has been a significant reduction in the number of extractions, but somehow, there are many people that are missing one natural tooth. Studies show that 70% of people between the ages of 35-44 have lost at least one natural tooth.
If you have a missing tooth and need a permanent solution, then look into dental implants. Do a quick search of “dentists near me” so you can find one that can provide you with this facility.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
The best part about dental implants is that they are solely dependent on their own structure and integrity, and do not require the support of adjacent teeth. The process of the implant settling into the jawbone is known as osseointegration. It ensures that the artificial tooth is placed over the implant and stays stable for a lifetime.
Who Needs Dental Implants?
The perfect candidate for a dental implant would be someone who is missing one or more natural teeth. In addition, there are the things that must be considered before getting a dental implant:
- You are looking for a durable and long-term replacement for your missing teeth.
- You want your facial aesthetics to be normal that is why you are getting an implant.
- You want to be able to speak and eat with ease.
- You want to get rid of your dentures because they are uncomfortable and inconvenient.
Why Are Dental Implants The Best Option?
Dental implants are the most popular prosthetic treatment because they look and feel just like real teeth. Dentures and bridges are procedures that are inconvenient, and often cause discomfort.
Here are the other benefits of dental implants:
- Beautiful smile – Losing teeth can ruin your facial aesthetics and your smile. Dental implants ensure that your smile looks ravishing as ever.
- Durability – Unlike bridges and crowns, implants are meant to stay forever. With the proper maintenance and care, dentists say that these implants can stay for a lifetime.
- Eat Anything – People that wear dentures have to avoid eating hard and sticky foods. This means that they cannot eat some of their favorite’s things. After getting dentures, it is possible to enjoy all your favorite foods, as they will be permanently fixated in your mouth.
- Better Oral Hygiene – Maintaining a good oral hygiene after getting dental implants is easy as they are just like real teeth. Flossing and brushing your teeth will be done the same way, as these teeth are permanent.
- Comfort – other dental procedures are not comfortable, whereas, dental implants are comfortable and the best alternative to real teeth.
Dental implants are the way to go when you need a permanent solution.